Turn your electric car into a long range star.
Two major factors affect your range: how fast you drive and how hard you accelerate. As a rule of thumb: if you double your speed, your range will be halved. And every time you accelerate, you use energy.
Simple ways to extend your range:
- Avoid harsh braking – unless there’s an emergency. Because you’ll have to accelerate again.
- Turn off Sport Mode when you don’t need it.
- Don’t rush. Drive at a moderate speed and avoid unnecessary acceleration.
- On the motorway: try to follow a vehicle that drives consistently, like a large truck or mobile home – at a safe distance of course.
- When planning your route, try to avoid large, steep hills.
The E-coaching tool, part of Opel Connected Services, will help turn you into an e-driving pro.
The weight of your car directly affects your range. So, shed any unnecessary weight before you set off:
- Remove accessories you don’t need.
- Ensure the rear seats and load area are free of unwanted items.
- Roof racks are great for transporting sports gear, but when not in use, they just reduce your car’s aerodynamic efficiency.